Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Loretta Lynch sworn in as new U.S. attorney general

Full Article

On Monday, Loretta Lynch was sworn in as the first African-American woman to serve as the nation's attorney general. Lynch is currently 55 years old and was confirmed by the Senate last week. She replaces Eric Holder, who left the position last Friday after serving as attorney general for six years. Lynch hopes to have a productive relationship with Congress.
This relates to AP Gov because it has to do with separation of powers- appointment of department heads.
I think it is good that Loretta Lynch was finally sworn in. Her approval was delayed for many weeks because of a human-trafficking law with anti-abortion measures in it that the Democrats refused to sign, and therefore the Republicans refused to approval Lynch.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with you Anthony. It is good that the Senate was finally able to pass the law and approve the first African American women serve as the Attorney General.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is good that they could come to agreement on both sides of the deal. Well written article Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anthony, this was a very good post. I also agree that it is good that Mrs. Lynch has finally been sworn in after much time. I'm excited to see her new policies just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, It was an amazing accomplishment for her. She deserves this position and I agree with you that she finally got sworn in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you Anthony. I think this is a et cool achievement for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anthony this was a very good blog. I also think it is very cool and important that Loretta lynch was finally put into her position. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete